Allbridge delivers property technology (prop tech) solutions that drive value for property owners in the multifamily and hospitality space to elevate the connected experience for residents and guests. We currently serve more than 1 million rooms across North America and the Caribbean partnering with owners, developers, general contractors, and operators who benefit from Allbridge’s combined engineering and support expertise with a vision of an innovative end-user digital experience.
We are rapidly growing and seeking top talent to join our team. If you want to work in a thriving industry that combines best-of-breed solutions with technology planning, engineering, installation and support, Allbridge may be the company for you. Made up of talented, dedicated and energetic professionals, Allbridge offers significant career growth opportunities, and competitive compensation and benefits which are designed to inspire, reinforce, and reward a culture of empowerment, teamwork, and a healthy work-life balance.
Join us in transforming property technology into one seamless, connected experience!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for general ledger accountability with a focus on revenue accounting, financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Successful employees have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, a minimum of five years of relevant work experience, and have a CPA designation and comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, financial procedures, and internal controls to be able to consistently conduct complex, work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
This is an exempt role and is a member of the finance department reporting directly to the Finance Manager with a preferred location of Raleigh, NC; however, a remote work arrangement may be considered.
Allbridge is currently operating under a hybrid work model, allowing colleagues the opportunity to connect with others in person and the flexibility to work remotely. For some business groups and positions, job function requirements may require more time at the primary work location, while greater flexibility may be in place for others.
Essential Job Functions
- Work independently to oversee the company’s accounting operations, maintaining, and reconciling general ledger accounts, setting expectations to comply with all federal, state, and local protocols; and interpret new and existing legislation.
- Analyze contracts and sales agreements to ensure proper revenue recognition compliance in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or other accounting standards. Work closely with sales, finance, and various other internal groups as needed to maintain adherence to accounting guidelines. Perform revenue audits as needed.
- Work with limited supervision to provide pro-active support to the merger and acquisition team in all active pursuits of all finance and accounting related aspects. As directed, actively engage with external firms during the financial due diligence phase to review the historical financials, identify areas needing attention, quality of assets and earnings.
- Track expenses and resolve variances through the preparation of on-going and/or ad-hoc reports to include vendor account activity, cost analysis and specialized monthly management reports.
- Maintain general ledger accounts to confirm effectiveness and accuracy of all accounting transactions; and assist in month, quarter, and year-end close processes as required.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and/or annual closing procedures.
- Assist with audits and tax preparation performing regular, detailed analysis to ensure accuracy in financial documents and expenditures.
- Prepare standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, monthly closing reports) according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist in preparing documents and other specialized accounting reports and interpreting complicated financial information for managers, executives, and C-Suite executives.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and control procedures setting expectations for compliance as needed.
- Consistently integrates Albridge’s core values into their everyday habits by treating all customers, internal and external, professionally, honestly, and respectfully.
- Accepts ownership and accountability of position responsibilities and consistently strives to deliver innovative results for internal teams and customers that establish trust, high standards, credibility, and quality performance.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in accounting. A graduate degree is preferred.
- Required to have a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Preference to have accomplished and maintain a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Must have demonstrated strong knowledge and application of apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to compile financial information, identify, evaluate, process, and resolve issues related to organizational expenses, assets and receivables processed by the accounting team.
- Must have working, comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles, financial procedures, and internal controls and be able to consistently conduct complex, work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Advanced understanding and application knowledge of merger and acquisitions accounting rules is preferred.
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures, contributing to the annual operating plan process as needed.
- Must have intermediate experience with computerized general ledger systems.
- Must have demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, filters, macros, and complex formulas).
- Possess excellent analytical skills with a high attention to detail, critical thinking, and intermediate understanding of financial models and valuation techniques.
- Performs work with integrity, confidentiality, and awareness of security best practices.
- Must be flexible, an outstanding communicator, and have established skills in accuracy, organization, time management and working in a high-volume environment. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member in a fast paced, and high-volume work environment, operating with a high level of detail and conscientiousness.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communications skills in the English language.
- Required to have demonstrated intermediate level PC skills with the ability to effectively operate within a Windows Operating System and Windows based programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, and Project.
- Intermediate Salesforce and NetSuite accounting software experience a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Competitive pay, Unlimited PTO policy, Paid Holidays, Full benefits plan including medical, dental, and vision, 401K savings plan with a company match, and more!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Essential functions are those functions that the employee who holds the position or the candidate that desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made for persons who are disabled under the law. Reasonable accommodations are those accommodations which, as defined under applicable law, enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of their job title and to meet the employer’s expectations for the job title.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Allbridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Allbridge does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.