Allbridge provides in-room technology solutions for properties, helping customers deliver one connected experience to their customers with all property technology solutions from design and procurement to installation and ongoing management. We are the partner hospitality, multifamily, and senior living organizations trust to position them for the future and strengthen the relationship with their customers.
We are rapidly growing and seeking top talent to join our team. If you want to work in a thriving industry and contribute to best of breed solutions, Allbridge may be the company for you. Made up of talented, dedicated, and energetic professionals, Allbridge offers significant career growth opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The Project Manager manages key client projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. This position will oversee all aspects of projects including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring and summarizing progress of projects and preparing reports for upper management regarding status of project. The Project Manager will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegate tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicate with management to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
- Proven work experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of data networks, Wi-Fi and Voice applications are a plus
- Ability to assume responsibility and ownership for work performed
- Ability to provide technical support for co-workers, customers, and other vendors
- Must be able to work alone and in a time environment
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently through prioritization and accurate problem assessment in a potentially stressful environment
- Customer service oriented with good interpersonal skills; able to respond promptly to client needs, follow through and resolve issues in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Highly detail oriented, organized and process focused with ability to multi-task
- Is dedicated and committed to problem resolution
- Willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors and users
- Carries a humble attitude about knowledge limitations
- Ability to think logically and creatively
- Ability to apply knowledge to new situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Essential functions are those functions that the employee who holds the position or the candidate that desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made for persons who are disabled under the law. Reasonable accommodations are those accommodations which, as defined under applicable law, enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of their job title and to meet the employer’s expectations for the job title.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Allbridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Allbridge does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.