Allbridge provides property technology solutions that mitigate risk, increase property value and improve lives through end-user and management experiences for hospitality, multifamily and mixed-use properties. For owners, developers, general contractors and operators, Allbridge combines engineering and support expertise with a vision of end-user digital convenience. Allbridge maximizes long-term project value while owning whole project accountability, from design and planning through the life of the building.
We are rapidly growing and seeking top talent to join our team. If you want to work in a thriving industry and contribute to best of breed solutions, Allbridge may be the company for you. Made up of talented, dedicated, and energetic professionals, Allbridge offers significant career growth opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The Director of Field Operations is responsible for managing the daily operations of the field installation team. This role reports to the Senior Vice President, Operations.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Management of all field operations and resources:
- Scheduling, prioritization, and leveling of resources
- Ensuring compliance with Allbridge methodologies and processes
- Field engineer training
- Work with HR staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff including overseeing new employee onboarding
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback
- Customer satisfaction:
- Ensuring installations follow agreed upon plan
- Together with the Project Manager provide client with timely and dependable progress reporting
- Quality control
- Cost Management:
- Managing resource utilization and tracking of labor productivity
- Lead employees to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment
- Together with Project Manager forecast project labor costs
- Assisting the Project Manager with identification and reporting of potential cost issues and risks
- Consistently integrates Allbridge’s core values into their everyday habits by treating all customers, internal and external, professionally, honestly and respectfully
- Accepts ownership and accountability of position responsibilities and strives to deliver results for customers that establish high standards, credibility and quality performance
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
- Five years of directly managing commercial technology field engineering teams
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently without supervision
- Proficient with problem-solving for complex systems
- Hospitality and Multifamily Industries experience is preferred
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand
- 25% Travel required
- Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with clear record
- Use Critical Thinking
- Practice Good Communication
- Computer Proficiency:
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive rate, Unlimited PTO Policy, Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K with company match, Employee assistance program and much more!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Essential functions are those functions that the employee who holds the position or the candidate that desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made for persons who are disabled under the law. Reasonable accommodations are those accommodations which, as defined under applicable law, enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of their job title and to meet the employer’s expectations for the job title.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands/fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. This job requires the ability to work from a ladder up to 12’ and extension ladders to 26’.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Allbridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Allbridge does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.