Wireless Field Engineer
Allbridge delivers one connected experience with all data, video and voice technologies for hospitality, healthcare and higher education organizations. Formerly Bulk TV & Internet, DCI Design Communications and EthoStream, Allbridge currently serves more than one million rooms nationally and positions properties for the future while strengthening the relationships they have with their customers.
The HSIA Field Engineer is responsible for the successful delivery of diagnostic, repair, and maintenance services for our Hospitality clients. Providing excellent customer service to our clients, the Engineer will specifically be responsible for the installation, integration, support and administration of data networks and systems. The Engineer will provide a combination of remote and on-site service to our customers. On-call responsibilities are required on a rotational basis to support a 24x7x365 services. The position will report to the VP of Field Engineering.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and product performance issues maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Deploying, installing, configuring and testing best of breed HSIA and Network equipment
- Skilled in troubleshooting: LAN/WAN and digital switching technologies, software, hardware and servers, routers, modems, wireless, TCP/IP and QoS
- Maintain system documentation.
- Interact with various inter and intra departmental peer groups to cooperatively achieve best results in all assigned tasks.
- Execute assigned tasks within assigned timeframes and budgets. May work with and take direction from project managers to ensure completion as necessary.
- 5 + years of experience delivering technical services to off-site customers
- Experience with HP, Ruckus, and/or CISCO products is required
- This is a 24x7x365 team. Must be able to work over-time and on an on-call rotation
- 75% travel required
- Hospitality Industry experience is preferred
- Experience in voice communications for VoIP and legacy digital PBXs is helpful
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently without supervision
- Proficient with problem-solving for complex data systems
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- The ability and desire to work, when and as needed, to ensure the availability of services for our clients
- Any Certifications in the above products are a plus
- Must be fluent and articulate in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s license in the state of residence with clear record