Tier II Video Support Representative
Allbridge delivers one connected experience with all data, video and voice technologies for hospitality, healthcare and higher education organizations. Allbridge currently serves more than one million rooms nationally and positions properties for the future while strengthening the relationships they have with their customers.
We are rapidly growing and seeking top talent to join our team. If you want to work in a thriving industry and contribute to best of breed solutions, Allbridge may be the company for you. Made up of talented, dedicated, and energetic professionals, Allbridge offers significant career growth opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Provides technical support and acts as primary liaison between customer, vendors, and field service technicians for all repairs and services, specializing in High Definition, Off-Air, OTT content, Public Viewing and Pro:Idiom encryption satellite delivery systems in the hospitality, healthcare and commercial industries.
Essential Job Functions:
Answer a high volume of telephone calls from customers and field service agents regarding service requests; key requests into customer service data base, troubleshoot issue to resolution, dispatch field agent to resolve more complex issues, insure prompt closure of all assigned service calls. Dispatches field service or contract service representatives nationwide.
Provide first level technical support for customers and field service agents regarding installation, repair, maintenance and integration of High Definition, Off-Air, OTT content and Pro:Idiom encryption satellite delivery systems. Handle all service requests in a timely and cost-effective manner to include controlling labor, travel and parts expenses. Forward problems that require service visits to field service personnel (through dispatch), escalate more complex technical issues to Team Lead and/or supervisor for assistance.
Use various web-based tools to gain remote access to on site equipment, run diagnostics to identify fault and implement a timely and cost-effective resolution or initiate other corrective action. Monitor remote dashboards for alert notifications and proactively work for timely resolution minimizing system down time.
- Request parts orders, RMAs, warranty and non-warranty replacement for customers and service agents. Maintain service department records, files, databases and documents; follow department policies and procedures, apply industry Best Practices, participate in department meetings and training sessions, and perform additional administrative and clerical support to manager upon request.
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring to Tier 1 staff, act as first point of escalation for Tier 1 cases.
- Shift will typically be an 8 hour or a 4×10 shift and may be a first or second shift that may include weekends, hours and shift subject to change dependent on company and customer needs.
- H. S. diploma, certificate/diploma in electronic repair with 4 years of experience in a technical service environment or an AA degree with 3 years of equivalent technical experience, additional experience may off-set educational requirements.
- Intermediate computer skills with ability to efficiently navigate Windows Operating System and Windows based programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as other data bases, web based and CRM programs.
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written business communications, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stand on-call rotation; work overtime, holidays and weekends as required, back fill other shifts as needed.
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of the theory and application of remote support/diagnostics, establishing remote connections, configuration files, basic networking knowledge.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced customer service environment while still maintaining focus and attention to detail. Exhibit initiative, organization, and independent and analytical judgment in solving routine to complex technical problems.
- Intermediate knowledge of theory and practical application relating to satellite television, commercial head ends, Off Air broadcast, antennas, RF distribution, OTT content, standard and high definition television systems, and Pro:Idiom encryption.
- Ability to obtain and maintain required certifications including but not limited to SBCA SMATV, MDU, D2, DRE, COM200 specialties (certifications may change depending on industry standards, technology changes, department and/or company needs). Availability to attend off site training/certification as required. Failure to obtain and maintain required certifications may result in disciplinary action up to and including reassignment and/or termination.