Tier 1 Technical (satellite/RF) Support Representative
Allbridge delivers one connected experience with all data, video and voice technologies for hospitality, healthcare and higher education organizations. Formerly Bulk TV & Internet, DCI Design Communications and EthoStream, Allbridge currently serves more than one million rooms nationally and positions properties for the future while strengthening the relationships they have with their customers.
We are rapidly growing and seeking top talent to join our team. If you want to work in a thriving industry and contribute to best of breed solutions, Allbridge may be the company for you. Made up of talented, dedicated, and energetic professionals, Allbridge offers significant career growth opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Provides technical support and acts as primary liaison between customer, vendors, and field service agents for all commercial repair/services, specializing in Standard Definition delivery systems in the hospitality industry.
Essential Job Functions:
Answer a high volume of telephone calls from customers and field service agents regarding service requests; keys requests into customer service data base. Effectively troubleshoot service interruption to minimize system down time and dispatch service agent to resolve more complex issues, insure prompt closure of all assigned service calls.
Set up independent contractors as primary or back up service agent for a specific state or metropolitan area; negotiate prices with service agents in accordance with established rates; refer any exceptions to rates to manager; submit new agent welcome packet. Ensure workmanship is performed in accordance with Allbridge expectations and established industry best practices.
Provide first level technical support for customers and field service agents regarding installation, repair and maintenance of commercial satellite TV head-end and distribution systems, integration of off-air satellite and satellite delivered SD and HD signals, MDU and OTT content support services. Handle all service requests in a timely and cost effective manner to include controlling labor, travel and parts expenses. Forward problems that require service visits to field service personnel (through dispatch), escalate more complex technical issues to Team Lead and/or Tier 2 for assistance.
Reviews various reports on the day’s activities making sure action has been taken to move assigned cases forward. Makes sure assigned cases are assigned to proper working queue prior to end of shift, notifies supervisor of any operational issues adversely affecting support services. Works with Team Lead and supervisor to ensure adequate phone coverage is sustained through lunch rotation, scheduled and unscheduled PTO and office closings.
Process parts orders, RMAs, warranty and non-warranty replacement for customers and service agents. Maintain service department records, files, databases and documents; follow department policies and procedures, apply industry Best Practices, participate in department meetings and training sessions, and perform additional administrative and clerical support to manager upon request.
Shift will typically be an 8 hour shift between the hours of 4:00 Pm – 12:30 Am EST M-F, hours subject to change dependent on company and customer needs.
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring to Tier 1 staff, act as first point of escalation for Tier 1 cases.
- Shift will typically be an 8 hour or a 4×10 shift and may be a first or second shift that may include weekends, hours and shift subject to change dependent on company and customer needs.
- S. diploma, certificate/diploma in electronic repair with 4 years of experience in a technical service environment or an AA degree with 3 years of equivalent technical experience, additional experience may off-set educational requirements.
- Basic computer skills with ability to efficiently navigate Windows Operating System and Windows based programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as other data bases, web based and CRM programs.
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written business communications, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stand on-call rotation; work overtime, holidays and weekends as required, back fill other shifts as needed.
- Basic understanding of the theory and application of remote support/diagnostics, establishing remote connections, configuration files, basic networking knowledge.
- Ability to work with general or minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks in a fast paced customer service environment while still maintaining focus and attention to detail. Exhibit initiative, organization, and independent and analytical judgment in solving routine to complex technical problems.
- Basic knowledge of theory and practical application relating to satellite television, commercial head ends, Off Air broadcast, antennas, RF distribution, OTT content, standard and high definition television systems, and Pro:Idiom encryption.
Ability to obtain and maintain required certifications including but not limited to SBCA SMATV, MDU, D2, DRE, COM200 specialties (certifications may change depending on industry standards, technology changes, department and/or company needs). Availability to attend off site training/certification as required. Failure to obtain and maintain required certifications may result in disciplinary action up to and including reassignment and/or termination.Click Here To Apply