Network Support Engineer
Allbridge delivers one connected experience with all data, video and voice technologies for hospitality, healthcare and higher education organizations. Formerly Bulk TV & Internet, DCI Design Communications and EthoStream, Allbridge currently serves more than one million rooms nationally and positions properties for the future while strengthening the relationships they have with their customers.
We are rapidly growing and seeking top talent to join our team. If you want to work in a thriving industry and contribute to best of breed solutions, Allbridge may be the company for you. Made up of talented, dedicated, and energetic professionals, Allbridge offers significant career growth opportunities and competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Seeking a dynamic, technical network engineer who combines exceptional technical knowledge with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with customers. The Network Operation Center (NOC) provides 24/7/365 monitoring of network and system performance. The engineers will also act as an escalation point for support technicians, site escalations and end user requests. HSIA Technical Support Engineers must be able to troubleshoot, report details to customers and handle complex issues, as well as document all actions taken. The role requires experience with Network (wireless and wired) and preferably some exposure to voice products as well (hosted and on premises). Company will provide cross training for candidate with strong network only experience and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies. Candidate must be able to work alone and in a time environment.
We are a 24/7/365 Call Center. You must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and some holidays. All Shifts – 1st, 2nd, 3rd – available.
THIS IS A TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT POSITION – YOU MUST HAVE COMPUTER NETWORKING AND TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE SKILLS TO BE CONSIDERED
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage wireless networks to meet the customers’ expectations and requests
- Introduce and propose solutions to help maintain and manage most updated firmware on client equipment
- Utilize or propose better ways to service and monitor customer equipment
- Utilize or propose better way to backup and maintain up to date copies of property configurations
- Develop rapport with customers that enables them to trust and grow with DCI as a customer focused company
- Perform troubleshooting of data networks, endpoints, peripheral devices, and additional customer premise equipment that relate to the voice and data network infrastructure
- Ensure the timely completion of projects is reached through best practices
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently through prioritization and accurate problem assessment in a potentially stressful environment
- Administer end user training as required
- Guide and mentor other team members on complex service issues involving network and communication systems applications
- Interact with Clients, Technicians, Customer Agents, Account Executives, Project Managers, Engineers, and Analysts
- Maintain an accurate and timely status/history of the service event through status update and task debrief in the company’s ticketing system
- Follow and keep abreast of related technological advancements and continue to present to customers in response to anticipated business needs
- Develop strong team work skills for potential growth into managing a team NOC and helpdesk employees
- Knowledge of at least of three required: Ruckus Wireless, Aruba Wireless, Meraki Wireless, HP/Aruba Network, Cisco Catalyst, Nomadix, Fortinet, Watchguard
- BA/BS in EE, CS or trade a plus or 3+ years experience in a network support role or CS a plus
- Hospitality a plus
- 3+ years’ experience with IP Networking in a customer facing environment,service provider a plus
- 3+ years networking experience with a strong foundation in LAN/WAN routing, switching, enterprise wireless, enterprise firewalls/UTM and TCP/IP + OSI stack and TCP/IP, VoIP
- Cisco CCNA, CCDA or comparable technology/network certifications a plus
- Knowledge of VLAN and routing configuration, the ability to manage and support large LAN‘s
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to assume responsibility and ownership for work performed
- Ability to provide technical support for co-workers, customers, and other vendors
- Proficiency with MS Windows/Office, Office 365 collaboration tools, Linux/Unix administration a plus