Lead Network Support Engineer
Allbridge delivers one connected experience with all data, video and voice technologies for hospitality, healthcare and higher education organizations. Formerly Bulk TV & Internet, DCI Design Communications and EthoStream, Allbridge currently serves more than one million rooms nationally and positions properties for the future while strengthening the relationships they have with their customers.
Are you detail oriented? Do you want to provide an excellent customer experience? Do you not like to let things fall through the cracks? If you answered yes to all of these questions, we would like to have you onboard.
Seeking a dynamic, Lead Network Support Engineer who combines exceptional technical knowledge with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with customers. The Network Operation Center (NOC) provides 24/7/365 monitoring of network and system performance. The Lead Network Support Engineer will also act as an escalation point for support technicians, site escalations and end user requests. Lead Network Support Engineers must be able to troubleshoot, report details to customers and handle complex issues, as well as document all actions taken. The role requires experience with Network (wireless and wired) and preferably some exposure to voice products as well (hosted and on premises). Company will provide cross training for candidate with strong network only experience and demonstrated ability to learn new technologies. Candidate must be able to work alone and in a time environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide and mentor other team members on complex service issues involving network and communication systems applications
- Will ensure effective and pro-active communication of information and the prompt resolution of customer issues.
- This is a key position that ensures our prospects and customers/dealers’ contacts are being responded to in a timely manner and have a favorable experience when interacting with our company.
- Monitor and manage wireless networks to meet the customers’ expectations and requests
- Introduce and propose solutions to help maintain and manage most updated firmware on client equipment
- Utilize or propose better ways to service and monitor customer equipment
- Utilize or propose better way to backup and maintain up to date copies of property configurations
- Develop rapport with customers that enables them to trust and grow with Allbridge as a customer focused company
- Perform troubleshooting of data networks, endpoints, peripheral devices, and additional customer premise equipment that relate to the voice and data network infrastructure
- Ensure the timely completion of projects is reached through best practices
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently through prioritization and accurate problem assessment in a potentially stressful environment
- Work with appropriate internal and external groups to see that all work is completed, and deadlines are met
- Ability to perform all of the above duties
- 5+ years’ experience with IP Networking in a customer facing environment
- 5+ years networking experience with a strong foundation in LAN/WAN routing, switching, and TCP/IP, VoIP
- Cisco CCNA, CCDA or comparable technology certifications
- Knowledge of VLAN configuration and the ability to support
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to assume responsibility and ownership for work performed
- Ability to provide technical support for co-workers, customers, and other vendors
- Proficiency with MS Windows/Office and/or some version of Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of at least of three required: Broadsoft, NEC, Mitel, Ruckus or HP, Nomadix, Fortinet
- BA/BS in EE or CS a plus
- Hospitality a plus