Lead Installer – Satellite Headends
Allbridge, formerly Bulk TV, DCI & EthoStream, a national Commercial Satellite and Internet company based in Raleigh, NC, is seeking a Field Installer to provide installation services of high definition delivery systems in the hospitality industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma, additional education preferred
- 2-3 years of SMATV installation experience preferred
- Good organizational, time management, customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work accurately and meet deadlines
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints/as-builts, safety rules, operations manual, and written directions
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion
- Skills sufficient to maintain productivity in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Must have experience with Technicolor, ZeeVee, H25 Analog headends, DRE, D2 Advantage systems
- Must be able to troubleshoot homerun, loop-thru, trunk and tap , and return path
- Must be able to re-design coaxial distribution as needed for return path, QAM and Analog systems
- Strong ability to solve problems and take initiative
- Strong attention to detail; must be able to work independently and make sound business judgments in regards to all installation matters
- Must be self-motivated and results driven
- Must be able to manage time well and provide accurate reporting
- Experience with SMATV headends, L-band, SWiM technology, RF distribution, and Pro:Idiom a definite plus
- Must have hands on experience with spectrum analyzers, RF Meters digital and analog, and satellite meters such as the AIM or Applied Instruments.
- IPTV and CMTS installation a plus but not required
- Install SMATV headends and DRE systems in the hospitality industry
- Act as Foreman on job sites, ensuring all contractor work meets or exceeds industry standards
- Perform Site Surveys as required
- Prepare as-built documentation as required
- Maintain vehicle inventory as needed
- Work with engineering to create creative solutions for unique customer challenges
- Ability to use basic power tools, must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently, exposure to weather as needed
- This position operates on customer premises primarily in hospitality environments. Extensive travel is required.